DCN Diving was contracted by Technip for the DSV Supply, Flexi-Lay and I-Tube & Clamp installation in the field. DCN succesfully completed the survey, diving (both saturation and air) and ROV activities in the Samarang field in 2017.
The Samarang field is located offshore Sabah about 47km north-west of Labuan. It was discovered in 1972 and the oil production from the field started in 1975.
Due to the ageing infrastructure and declining production, the Samarang field was forecasted to become uneconomic within 2017 if no further development effort is undertaken. Therefore, additional steps were necessary to extend the field life, while facilitating a more favorable reservoir management strategy.
The Samarang Redevelopment Project – Phase 2 EOR increased the reserve by 25.5 MMSTB by the end of 2035. The recovery factor after the implementation is expected to be more than 51%.
The Scope of Work Included:
- Mobilization of DSV
- Provision of Hyperbaric Rescue Facilities
- Pre and post installation Survey
- Survey of pipeline crossings
- Installation of Subsea Clamps
- Installation of Subsea Tubes
- Installation of Riser Guards
- Installation of flexible pipeline
- Provision of As-Built documentation.
- Demobilization of COMPANY assets.
The project has been executed with the vessel “Normand Baltic”.